WHEELER’S ARTICLES – Family 29
Samuel (4) Badgley, son of Anthony (3) and Anne (Woodruff) Badgley, was baptized at Westfield April 5, 1767.
He was married January 6, 1791 to Mary, daughter of Henry and Sarah (Maxwell) Frazee, who was born about 1771.
They lived about a mile from Summit, toward Baltusrol Mountain. The plant of the Mountain Water Company now occupies a part of the farm.
They were among the early members of the Springfield M.E. Church.
Mr. Badgley died June 7, 1843 and his widow September 7, 1845.
Children of Samuel (4) and Mary (Frazee) Badgley;
1. Aaron married Betsey Force;
2. Moses Frazee, baptized July 30, 1797, married Sally, daughter of Nathan Wilkinson, he died and on July 4, 1820 his widow was married to Benjamin Wilcocks Jr;
3. Henry, baptized November 11, 1792, married first, Phebe Sturges; second, Sarah Gillam, and died December 20, 1844;
4. Huma, baptized May 17, 1796, married Ezekiel Clark, lived at Westfield and Scotch Plains, and died at the home of her son Charles Clark, in Dover;
5. Sarah married William Price;
6. Mary, baptized June 30, 1799, died about 1818;
7. Anne married Jesse Cahoon and Mr. Corwin and died in New York State;
8. Maxwell married July 3, 1825 to Sally, daughter of Calvin and Rhoda (Mascho) Parker;
9. Jacob Foster, born February 2, 1808, married Anne, daughter of William and Sarah (Shaw) Brown and died at New Providence Township.
Continued:http://ClanLore.com/wheeler-thurstons-badgley-history/wheelers-articles-family-29http://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader.jpghttp://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader-150x150.jpgWheeler Thurston's BADGLEY HISTORY