WHEELER’S ARTICLES – Family 32
Rev. David (4) Badgley, son of Anthony (3) Badgley was born in the borough of Elizabeth, N.J. November 5, 1749.
He went with his father in 1768 to Hardy County, Va. (now West Virginia) and was there married a few years later to Rhoda Valentine, who was born 1752.
He continued to reside in Hardy County until 1796 when he made a trip to what is now Illinois. He was so pleased with the territory that he determined to take his family out there and the following year in company with nearly one hundred other families they made the toilsome journey to Kaskia, then the metropolis of the West, which they reached July 4, 1797.
David Badgley was a Baptist preacher and organized the first Baptist church west of the Ohio River at New Desire, near the present site of Waterloo. In 1804 he bought 400 acres of land five miles north of Belleville, Ill. and settled there, where his descendants are still to be found.
He died in December, 1824 and his widow in 1832 or 1835.
Children of Rev. David (4) and Rhoda (Valentine) Badgley;
1. Aaron (5), born 1773 married twice (see family 37).
2. Mary, born 1771; married J. Hand.
3. Rachel, married Daniel Starr.
4. Ichabod (5), born 1780 (see family 38)
7. Job (5) born August 1, 1788; married Micha Wilderman (see family 39);
8. Abraham, born April 26, 1793 (see family 40);
9. David, married —- and died 1811 (see family 41); 10. Rebecca, born 1797; married Mr. Starr, Mr. Titsworth and Joel Smith.
More info about Rev David Badgley – See post: Badgley Cemetery – St. Clair, Illinois
Continued:http://ClanLore.com/wheeler-thurstons-badgley-history/wheelers-articles-family-32http://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader.jpghttp://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader-150x150.jpgWheeler Thurston's BADGLEY HISTORY