WHEELER’S ARTICLES – Family 37
Aaron (5) Badgley, son of Rev. David and Rhoda (Valentine) Badgley was born in Hardy County, W.Va. 1773.
He was married to B. Strather by whom he had two children, both of whom died as did their mother, soon after moving to Illinois.
Mr. Badgley was married again in 1799 or 1800 to Catherine Strand and after living for a while in Monroe County moved to the vicinity of his father’s home in St. Clair County, Ill.
He was a member of the Baptist church for fifty years, served as ranger on the frontiers in 1812 and 1815, was justice of the peace for many years and was a miller, owning the only flour mill for many miles around.
Died December 29, 1858.
Children of Aaron (5) and Catherine (Strand) Badgley;
(3) Isaac, born Monroe County, Ill 1800, married Unity Taylor and died in Washington Co.;
(4) Elijah born St. Clair County, June 15, 1802, married Sarah Simpson and Emily Estes, and died December 12, 1896
(5) Jedida married John Koenor Cohen;
(6) Rebecca born February 18, 1806 married in 1826 to William Tate;
(7) Adam born January 30, 1813 married Eva “Zanes” August 17, 1834 and died January 17, 1890
(8) Eva born January 30, 1813, married Cornelius Rittenhouse;
(9) Strather, born 1815 married Priscilla Tate and Emily Moore and died in California;
(10) David born 1817 married Amy Abbot and died in Jasper County, Ill in 1878.
Continued:http://ClanLore.com/wheeler-thurstons-badgley-history/wheelers-articles-family-37http://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader.jpghttp://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader-150x150.jpgWheeler Thurston's BADGLEY HISTORY