WHEELER’S ARTICLES – Family 4
James (2) Badgley, son of Anthony (1) and Elizabeth Badgley, was born at Flushing, Long Island about 1700-5.
He moved to the borough of Elizabeth, N.J. and was there married to Hannah, daughter of Joseph Kelsey, of Rahway.
Mr. Badgley owned consideraable land in Turkey, now called New Providence, and lived on the road leading down from that place of Westfield.
In his will dated July 7, 1777, he describes himself as “James Badgley of the borough of Elizabeth, yeoman, being
The will was probated November 18, 1777. He names in it his wife Hannah and five children. His sons James and Joseph had already received their portions, so that Mr. Badgley divided his home plantation and other lands equally between Anthony and Robert, who were appointed executors.
James Badgley died between July 7 and November 18, 1777 and is buried either at New Providence or Westfield, but no headstone marks his grave.
Children of James (2) and Hannah (Kelsey) Badgley:
1. James (3), born about 172- married Sarah —-(see family 9);
2. a daughter who married Abraham Vreeland;
3. Elizabeth, married William Robinson;
4. Joseph (3), born probably about 1730, married Elizabeth Scudder and died 1785 (see family 10);
5. Anthony (3), born about 1733, married Anne Woodruff (see family 11);
6. Marcy, married Mr. Garles;
7. Robert (3), married Rachel Vreeland (see family 12)
http://ClanLore.com/wheeler-thurstons-badgley-history/wheelers-articles-family-4http://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader.jpghttp://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader-150x150.jpgWheeler Thurston's BADGLEY HISTORY