WHEELER’S ARTICLES – Family 40
Abraham (5) Badgley, son of Rev. David and Rhoda (Valentine) Badgley) was born April 26, 1793.
He was a farmer and served for a period as a ranger to guard the frontiers from the Indians. He lived in St. Clair County, Ill and was important man there.
He was justice of the peace for several years and filled the offices of county assessor, county commisioner.
He was married first July 30, 1812 to Rachel Bonham who was born in New Jersey November 23, 1789. She died Septmeber 14, 1835 and on March 2, 1837 he was married to Arpha Johnson who was born November 10, 1810 and died November 29, 1850.
Mr. Badgley married as his third wife Mrs. Cynthia Ann Henly and died March 7, 1897.
Of eighteen children only eight lived to marry, seven by the first wife and one by the second.
Children of Abraham (5) Badgley, who grew up;
(1) Martin Jones, born October 30, 1815, married Priscilla Smyrls and died February 19, 1888;
(2) Mary, born October 6, 1817, married William Stanley, Mr. Atchison and Noah Pate;
(3) Sophia, born October 31, 1822 married Mr. Johnson and died August 27, 1850;
(4) Martha, born December 16, 1821, married James Ogle:
(5) Hannah, born April 7, 1827, marreid William Benson and died August 10, 1849
(6) Rhoda Valentine, born March 4, 1829, married Samuel Ogle and died in Kansas, March 29, 1874;
(7) Rachel Rufina, born June 9, 1835, married William Helum;
(8) Nancy Jane, born September 16, 1845, married Tolbert Smyrls.
Continued:http://ClanLore.com/wheeler-thurstons-badgley-history/wheelers-articles-family-40http://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader.jpghttp://ClanLore.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/newspaper-reader-150x150.jpgWheeler Thurston's BADGLEY HISTORY